EQ Trimmer Courses 2017

Natural EQ Science – March 5 -10, 2018

Trimmer ONE –   March 12-18, 2018  

 Trimmer TWO – March 17 -23, 2018

          

   Trimmer THREE EQAT  – TBA  

Contact

 

 

  This is a private or semi private full immersion course setting generally consisting  of 2 to 6 people total.  Total tuition of $1975 Canadian plus 5% gst per course includes accommodations (continental breakfast) at the EQ Awakenings Centre.   You will have semi private accommodations with a private kitchen for cooking and storing all your meals.  We will do a shopping trip once at the beginning of the week and again mid week.

Bring a friend to course and you save 10% on your total. (5% each)  Already been to a full trimmer course and would like to take again??   Take 15% 0ff for your continuing education. (upon space availability)

(Trimmer 3 is open to those already completed Trimmer 2 and/or those who are working in the field as an EqAT or in the training program.  This is a class designed to help you succeed in your business and help you to educate your owners.  We also discuss and deal with pathologies and what it takes for rehabilitation)

Trimmer ONE

We study theory, practice maintenance trims, proper lifting and use of the tools.  We employ cadavers to help us learn as well as many live horses in all different areas of their barefoot life.  From young to old and everywhere in betweeen.     Through the encouragement and guidance of Lisa you will reach a new heightened level of understanding and comprehension of the horse and the powerful connection their  health and wellness has to do with the shape, health and function of the foot and how all of it is interwoven with nutrition and lifestyle, climate and seasons.  We touch on the importance of diet, teeth and lifestyle/footing and how that affects the horse.

Trimmer ONE is open to everyone … beginners are welcome as you will quickly learn the secrets to handling and trimming.   If you have some experience with the tools, are comfortable cleaning and picking up horses feet and have a strong desire to learn then Trimmer ONE is for you.  Advance your skills in Trimmer ONE and be able to trim your own horses with no major pathologies.   (bring your horse/s to course with you if you like…ask about details)

Trimmer TWO

is open to anyone who has completed Trimmer ONE or one who is already an intermediate trimmer with some regular trimming.  If you have room for skill development in advancing physiological and pathological understandings of the horse and his body then Trimmer 2 is for you.   While trimming is always a focus, we also delve into and explore rehabilitation body works and apply to horses at the EQ Centre at that time.

Trimmer THREE

is open to anyone who has completed the other courses or is an already established Trimmer in the field who wishes to explore and practice Elevated Horsemanship rehab procedures.  Open to those wanting to know above and beyond trimming.  and advance their business building skills.  Trimmer 3 is a certification class where you will have some homework (case studies practicum) to complete and a few ‘tests’ on live horses.  Please bring any previous case studies you have to show at Trimmer 3.

Certification may or may not happen directly after the class, but will take some homework and online communication and connection to be listed as EQAT. 

Trimmer 3 full recognition and online class support EQAT for 1 year is $3500 CND  (No EQAT status course cost $2500 CND)

 

FAST TRACK

is combined immersion/Trimmer ONE and TWO.  This course is quite like a retreat learning holiday,  for those travelling a distance and or for someone who is already trimming and is comfortable lifting and cleaning feet on several different horses/ponies.  This course is 2 weeks long.  Tuition for this course is $3750 (save $200) and includes accommodations at the EQ Centre with continental breakfast.  

Pick up from the Calgary International Airport and return can be arranged upon request as well.  $50

AFTER CLASS PRACTICUM 

This is required for those wishing to gain their certification EqAT.  This practicum is offered to those who successfully completed any Trimmer 2 or above courses.  Designed to support you in your learning and your business.   Tuition is on an accepted basis and full coverage of what is included in the practicum portion is discussed at the appropriate courses.  

We look forward to seeing you this coming year…make 2018 your year!!  

Natural EQ Science Class

Learn enhanced natural horse keeping, land design for the land and for the horse.  More topics:  Deworming, fencing, housing, first aid, taking vitals, simple rehab programs.  Feeding the natural horse, feeding the elderly horse, feeding the IR horses.

$2900 All inclusive (meals and accommodations  and EQ product samples included)

 $1995 Accommodations and continental breakfast included